Did you know that 80% of all illnesses start in the large intestine?
Most people have no idea how much old, hardened, impacted faecal matter there is in their colon. Many experts believe that the average person has between 5 and 20 LBS of waste matter in their colon. A person suffering from constipation has up to 40 LBS of waste matter in their colon.
The colon or large intestine is located at the end of the human digestive tract. Its primary functions are to eliminate waste, conserve water and reabsorb electrolytes and minerals into the body. Waste materials that remain in the colon for extended periods of time (impacted faeces, dead cellular tissue, mucous and parasites etc) pose several health problems. These waste materials can be reabsorbed into the blood stream making us feel weak, tired and ill. Impacted faeces can also impair the colons ability to absorb minerals and can cause the overgrowth of bad bacteria and yeast. A build up of faecal matter in the colon can also inhibit muscular action causing sluggish bowel movements, slow transit time and constipation. Colonic Hydrotherapy can greatly alleviate the congestion and build up of unwanted toxic waste.
A Healthy Colon
The colon or large intestine is an important part of the digestive system. The colon handles the bulk of the food we eat. Its lining includes sensitive nerves and glands that aid the assimilation of food especially vitamins, enzymes and water. When the colon is working properly its peristaltic (muscular wave like) motions move food through the system and eliminate unassimilated substances in the form of waste within 16-24 hours after eating. A healthy individual with a clean and healthy colon will have 2 bowel movements per day. They should be large, well formed, buoyant and not accompanied by a foul odour.
Needless to say a healthy colon is essential to a healthy body!
A Toxic Colon
Over time the colon may become unhealthy and lose its ability to properly eliminate all the waste materials from the digestive tract. This is due to a combination of Poor Diet, Lack of Exercise, Drug Intake, Lifestyle and a variety of other factors. When the colon becomes less active the body does not eliminate its waste materials as effectively. Therefore, when the elimination process is not functioning properly deposits of waste matter build up along the colon wall. When this occurs, the waste material remains in the colon for days sometimes weeks. If this waste material deposits along the colon wall it may not leave their for months or even years. These deposits of faecal matter can get to 2 or 3 inches thick!
The Colonic Hydrotherapy treatment stimulates bowel activity by using the body’s natural nerve and muscular response mechanisms and so is essentially a natural treatment. Colonic Hydrotherapy can tone and exercise the bowel aiding the evacuation of waste both during an after the treatment.
Are you feeling or experiencing any or all of the following?
* Weight Gain
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
* Body Odour
* Dark Circles Under Eyes
* Poor Concentration
* Menstrual Pain
* Bad Breath
* Parasites (Worms)
Then a Colonic Hydrotherapy treatment is for you!
How your Digestive System works
- Mouth – Food and water enter via the mouth. As we chew we start to break down the food.
- Oesophagus – The Oesophagus carries the food and liquids to the stomach for digestion.
- Stomach – The Stomach breaks down the food. The stomach muscles help in this process. The partly digested food is then passed down into the small bowel.
- Liver – The Liver produces Bile which helps to break down the fats in the food. The Bile is stored in the Gall Bladder.
- The Gall Bladder – The Gall Bladder releases the Bile into the small bowel when the food is eaten. Bile helps to break down the fats in the food.
- The Pancreas – The Pancreas produces Enzymes which are important for digestion.
- Small Bowel – The food is broken down further. The nutrients are absorbed into the body. The digested waste then leaves the small bowel and moves into the colon.
- Large Bowel – The Colon absorbs water and the muscles of the colon help to move the waste towards the Rectum. The waste is held in the Rectum until it is ready to leave the body.
- Anus – The waste is passed through the Anus as it leaves the body.
After Care following Colonic Hydrotherapy
Just after receiving your colonic hydrotherapy treatment you will be glowing with health from the inside out – so be prepared for compliments. You will feel more peaceful, lighter, cleaner and energised.
If there has been a long-standing condition of constipation or several health problems, a slight headache or fatigue may be experienced with the first or second colonic. If this is the case, a short rest will help restore your balance.
In some cases, you may feel slightly bloated after a colonic as entrapped gas makes its way to the exit. If this is the case, have a cup of peppermint tea and lie down with a hot water bottle for a while. In rare cases, tiredness may persist for a few days, as the body continues to detoxify itself. In these cases, we recommend another colonic treatment to accelerate the process.
Since the colon has been cleared of solid matter, it may takes on average one to four days before it fills up again, and normal bowel movements are resumed.
Some water is absorbed through the colon wall during a colonic and you may notice an increased need to urinate for a few hours afterwards. This beneficial effect of flushing the kidneys may also be enhanced by drinking a few glasses of water with the juice of half a lemon added to each glass.
Eating & Drinking Tips
* Please abstain from alcohol for at least 24 hours after a treatment.
* Avoid ice cold water with meals. Sip room temperature water or warm water with lemon/ herbal teas to keep the body hydrated.
* Avoid carbonated drinks which can make you feel bloated and gassy.
* Avoid artificial sweeteners, use honey or fructose instead.
* Keep your meals simple – do not mix too many different kids of food in one meal. Avoid any rich, hot, spicy foods for at least 24 hours.
* Chew slowly and keep you mouth closed while chewing to avoid air getting into your digestive system.
* Introduce whole grains such as brown rice, barley, oats, buckwheat etc, which are nutritionally better as they contain the true roughage which cleans up your digestive system. Generally, they are better if they are slightly under cooked. Soak the grains overnight before cooking and discard the soak water.
* Add beans and pulses into your diet as they are high in fibre. Introduce them slowly into to avoid excess gas. Soak beans overnight and discard soak water before cooking.
Did you know that 70% of your Immune System is in your Colon?
The colon contains both good and bad bacteria which are flushed out during a treatment. Good bacteria are essential for a healthy immune system to avoid picking up colds, coughs, flu’s etc. In order to replace these good bacteria, we recommended natural, wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, organic probiotic to top up your system on a daily basis.
First time colonic clients results can vary dramatically, with many initial treatments being mainly about hydration with the water and massage making a start on breaking down the unnecessary waste. Then after several colonics, this will promote a good healthy colon.
Colonic Hydrotherapy €90
Colonic Enema – Choice of 6 Enemas €20 – Please ask your practitioner about an enema prior to your Colonic Treatment
Colonic Hydrotherapy + Colonic Enema €110
Colonic Hydrotherapy + Vibro Plate €100
Course of 3 Colonic Hydrotherapy Treatments €250
Course of 6 Colonic Hydrotherapy Treatments €500